Last Updated on April 5, 2015.
1- Information Collection
We may store the information you submit to or through the Site, as well as information we collect in connection with your use of the Site.
We use the information to fulfill your requests, provide the Site's functionality, improve the Site's quality, personalize your experience, track usage of the Site, provide feedback to businesses that are listed on the Site, display relevant advertising, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Site, and comply with legal obligations.
Among the information we collect, please note:
If you create an account on iLocal, we may store and use your full name, email address, zip code and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender and birth date.. You can modify some of the information associated with your account. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal at
- The information that you post to the Site is intended for public consumption, including your comments and all other means of interacting with the Site. We may display this information on the Site, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services.
- You can invite your friends to join the Site by providing their contact information, or by allowing us to use your address book from an external source. If you invite a friend to join and connect with you on the Site, we may transmit your friend's contact information to iLocal long enough to process your requests.
- When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive emails from other iLocal users, businesses, and iLocal itself. You can manage your email preferences, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from iLocal. If you exchange messages with others through the Site, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site.
- If you make reservations or purchases through the Site, we may collect and store certain information about you to process your requests and populate forms for future transactions, such as your phone number, address, email, and credit card information. This information may be shared with third parties who help process and fulfill your requests. If you submit credit card numbers, we will encrypt that information using industry standard technology. If you write reviews about businesses with which you transact through the Site, we may publicly display the fact that you transacted with those businesses.
- We may store information about your use of the Site, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, and the businesses you call using our mobile applications. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Site, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
It may be possible to disable some (but not all) Cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect your ability to use the Site. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings.
3- Other Parties.
We may share information about you with third parties as follows:
- Some of the services that are offered may be provided by third-party providers. We may share information from or about you with any third-party providers to permit them to perform their services or complete your requests.
- We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors.
- We may share information from or about you (such as your age and gender) and your use of the Site (such as which businesses you bookmark or call) with businesses on iLocal. You may adjust your settings to increase or decrease the amount of information we share. You can view these settings and find more details about what information may be shared here.
- We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is
- reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us;
- helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or
- protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
- The Site may contain links to unaffiliated third party websites. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on all such third party websites.
4- Upon Termination.
The Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission is 100% secure. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information but we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The information we obtain from or about you may be processed and stored in the United States.